Current favorite products

not sure if any one will read this but like i said in an earlier post, i think it's fun to blog and look back at what you were doing in that point in time. so just thought i'd share the current products i'm using.
 above is what is currently sitting on top of my Ikea Malm dresser.  

1. Jimmy Choo perfume: i bought this back in 2011 when it was brand new.  it is a very strong perfume and one spray will do ya just fine.  while it is not my favorite, i still like it because it brings back memories (ya know how certain scents do that) and it is a bit mature smelling and i like that. 

2. OPI in black cherry chutney: one of my favorite dark purple nail polishes. it's also currently the color on my toe nails. 

3. vintage 1950s hair comb: bought this last year at a garage sale. it is actually part of a set including a hair brush and mirror.  when i want to feel glamorous this is what i use along with the hair brush and mirror, to brush my hair.  i'll have to do a post on the hair set sometime.

4. Bed Head After Party: i've been using this since i was a freshman in highschool.  i love the smell and the way it smoothes my hair. 

5. Pear Blossom Bath & Body Works: it smells good. it's light and that is perfect for summer. 



staples in my make up bag. 
i use this when i want a more natural make up look. and you are probably thinking 'using FIVE products isn't natural' haha i know, i know.  i could forgo the highlighter combo but it looks too pretty not to.

1. Estee Lauder DayWear: they changed their formula so it does go on kind of orange, you just have to really smooth it out on your face.  again, i have been using this since i was in 8th grade.  i like the light coverage and i like how it gives me a glow.  i have a pretty nice complexion and don't need the heaviness of a bb cream or cc cream. it's great for giving your face that extra boost with out feeling to overdone.

2. Stila in Kitten:  the perfect highlighting duo.  i already have bronzer so i wanted a product that highlighted and also added color to my cheeks. this does just that.  i love the shimmer and how it really brightens up my face.  this is a new must have basic for myself. 

3. vintage mirror: thrifted this mirror. it's heavy as hell and i love it. i use it religiously to check the back of my hair.

4. Sephora black mascara: this is a make up no-no but i use this mascara for one year and then toss it out.  it makes it look like i have longer, thicker lashes. my lashes are seriously short and stubby.

5. stila concealer: i was skeptical when the girl put this on my under eye circles at ULTA, but when i got home to try it on myself, it worked and hid my purple circles.  a little goes a long way. 

6. Too Faced lip color: i wanted to find a lip color that wasn't exactly lipstick but not a gloss.  lipstick can be drying and gloss can be annoying.  this color is close to the baby lips purple tube color. i forgot what it is called but it's in a purple tube with peach writing. 

** i mostly used gift cards to purchase everything and some were gifts from my family and sometimes i'd search on amazon for the best deal.  these are products that i would definitely invest though and i think they warrant the cost. 


Comments

Popular Posts