I quit drinking coffee... and my skin became clearer, b.o. went away and anxiety went down


I had relentlessly tried quitting coffee. And it wasn't until then, that I realized I was addicted to my seemingly innocent morning habit.  This wasn't the first time I would try to quit- oh no; I recall quitting cold turkey and that translated into THE worst headache of my life. I felt groggy, tired, irritable and depressed, so back I went and I felt normal again.  Addiction.

I would then try quitting other countless times to no avail.  
Until.  

Until one day, I became very sick.  I lost my sense of taste, smell, and I had a really scratchy sore throat that made me sound like Tila Tequila- a great recipe for thwarting off the coffee cravings.  Because I was so sick, it masked the dreaded withdrawal symptoms. So, after 5 days of being ill, I decided I would continue my discontinuation of coffee drinking. And oh. my. gosh. the results! 





The results were so amazing and still continue to be for me.

1. My acne cleared significantly.  As you can see, the blemishes on my forehead have gone away almost entirely.  I still get pimple occasionally and especially around that time of the month.  

2. My cystic acne cleared. The past year, cystic acne pimples would surface on my chin and cheek area which was not normal for me. I chalked it up to stress, aging and maybe some karma. Afterall, I was very lucky not to have horrible acne in high school so maybe my time was just coming.  I can now say, that since quitting coffee, I have not developed one cystic pimple since.  

3. My anxiety. Although I've never been diagnosed, I am prettttyyy sure I have some form of social anxiety and just anxiety in general (like, why can't I just hit "send" on that email and be done with it and move on? why do I need to re-read 10 times before I send?) I think the caffeine intake was contributed to my high-strungness.  This took a little longer to notice but now that it's been nearly 2 months since quitting, I can say that I feel more relaxed, worry less, and less depressed/anxious.  

4. My body odor. I noticed this within days. Days. Recently, I had switched to the crystal deodorant and my body went through a detox then but I still had the slightest hint of b.o. that I couldn't seem to get rid of.  Since quitting coffee, I don't reek.  Also, my breath is much more pleasant.  




So. Are you convinced? Have you tried quitting before? Try it. Your body will thank you.  

Comments

Popular Posts